Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Interview at FES

I went to an interview with a company I used to work for FES.  I had been concerned about the BART strike so I got up at 4 and left a little later to sleep in the parking lot at Peet’s Walnut Creek.  I got there at eight.  I met Brian House in the conference room.  He introduced himself and we talked about my MAOP experience.  He said that my SQL experience was strong and wanted to know about my cartographic experience.  He was also interested in my communication skills.

Nearly twenty minutes into the interview I realized that I was being interviewed for a that had a position in San Ramon and not the Mission District of SF—the one for which I had applied.  I thought that it was sad that they didn’t even consider interviewing me for that position.  Midway through the interview Dave came in.  We talked for a bit but Brian had all of the questions.  When he was finished he gave the action over to Dave, who declined to ask any questions.

After that Dave walked me around the facility and eventually I saw all the old faces.  I said bye after confirming with Dave that they had made no decision.  Justin, Bihn and Brian House are the unit for which they had considered me for in San Ramon.  I left at 930 and immediately Kathryn wanted to know how it had gone.  I told her I didn't know yet but that I wasn't broken hearted.

No comments:

Post a Comment