Tuesday, December 17, 2013

She knew nothing about GIS

I wrote that after I gave up on the Tumblr account I watched Baltimore win against Detroit and watched Family Guy.  The next day I got up at 645 and left an hour later to catch the 16x.  I read the paper and walked to Peet’s on California and Market.  I then went to New Montgomery for my interview with Insight Global.

Some young gangly man guided me to the conference room and that was where Ana Cyr interviewed me.  She asked me all of the same questions about my work experience that she had over the phone.  She didn’t have my resume.  All she had was a notebook and her card.  It felt like this was just consulting and that I should have been paid for what we discussed.  She knew nothing about GIS and asked me what ArcFM was.  It was clear that she needed that bit of information and that no one was providing it.  I think that while they may have used Career Builder or Monster to find me initially, the fact that they had an old resume means that they hadn’t used it recently.

I caught the L home and walked.  At home I ate a sandwich and started editing my bibliographic notes.  I wrote that I had been reviewing the aggregators.  I wrote that I did a little bit of the acknowledgments page and loaded all of my photos to Tumblr.  I also noted that mom and dad were nearly done with the tree.  I helped dad carry the tree upstairs and then helped mom put the lights on.  I wrote that I would leave for the cleaners to get my pants and then meet Kathryn.

No comments:

Post a Comment