Monday, November 10, 2014

Stuff to Do

At some point in the last two months I opened the last Jobspage post to identify stuff to do.  Then I grabbed the notes from the resume folder.  My notes in there say that I have a variety of resumes but they can be seen as either short or long one.  I had a long resume that I would like to rebuild as a short one.  This newest version places the education elements on the top because I recently graduated.

I had identified what kinds of terms and formats I should use to list my MA.  While it seems that Job seekers use simple postings because education is less important than employment, the academic listings showed a little more.  First degrees should be written as initials and there should be a minimal note of specialization, concentration or emphasis.  I may add publications or recent conferences.  I should also have a section where I describe my background supervising classes, caring for equipment and coordination.  I should also have a section on skills, techniques, interests, training or research.  I noticed that resumes listed skills (GIS, surveys, English) as a narrative or in a special section and I shouldn’t list my certificates (GIS, TESL) but may discuss qualifications.

Next, my review showed I found that experiences referred to work.

In the employment section I have a single entry that lists my four years of projects with PG&E.


Things that I focused on in a reread in the jobs areas were companies, departments, projects.  I noted that each job comes with benefits.  However, I am not certain what I meant by this.  I think that each job come with things that you may do that you can’t do at other jobs and not medical or etc benefits.  I noted that I would need to list out how these are referenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment