Friday, November 16, 2012

Monday in Bishop Ranch

On Friday the ninth of November I got a call and then an email about a job in Vallejo. I called the recruiter back. She and I spoke about the position mentioned and I took my time in replying. She sent me the job description, which I posted it here.

It was 4:30 and she had indubitably gone home. My well organized and in depth response was nearly two pages. However, I went through the weekend as though nothing had happened.

On Monday morning I got a phone call from her. Later I discovered that she had sent an email as well. I went to San Ramon to meet her at the appointed time. I initially had trouble navigating Bishop Ranch. What freaky place; so much parking and no access for anything but cars. I got lost of course but eventually I found the place. I went in and the receptionist had me fill out an application.

I ended up sitting down with the recruiter after that. We talked for a half hour. She obviously had a set of questions that I had to answer. One or two of them were plainly required by her company but the rest read like a GIS litany. I had an easy time with it. We talked about why her company used Career Builder over Monster and she could only tell me that they had stopped using Monster four months ago.

On my way home she called to say that she had sent the client my information. She also said that they were likely to make a decision soon since their contract required having a technician within the next two weeks. Then she called me a second time to ask that I send in a further discussion of certain skills as an addendum to everything that she had already collected.

No comments:

Post a Comment