Monday, January 13, 2014

Fwd: ArcFM

Hey Kevin,

 

Good to hear from you, thanks for sharing your insight!  SFSU does not teach ArcFM, and very few students have experience with enterprise GIS platform, so I doubt any of our graduates will qualify. I have never used ArcFM, I wonder how reliable it is. I have been teaching utility network analyst in my geodatabase class, and have to say every time I use it I keep my fingers crossed. I heard that PG&E invested a lot of money on GIS in the past few years, especially after the San Bruno gas explosion. The previous CEO always believed in lobbying instead of technology. Now finally they are paying attention to technology. Is this position something you are interested in? If so, good luck with it. My guess it would be fairly challenging for them to find a highly qualified candidate unless they open up the search to nationwide.

 

xiaohang


No comments:

Post a Comment