Tuesday, February 14, 2017

About Biking and Running

On February 14 I wrote that a manager from a large tech firm called and asked me about my experience. Then she asked me about my python experience.  I felt like I had made a mistake by being honest with her. I told her that I was a five of 10. I might've considered giving her a six or a seven. However, I found that neither of those numbers fit my description. She then asked me about map lab. I told her I had never heard about it.  She asked me about my fitness experience and I told her about my experience beta testing a colleague's application. I also told her about biking and running and how I had done things like that in the past two years regularly.

When she got off the phone I decided that she had actually been really short with me. She hadn't told me very much information about next steps and had insisted that all the interviews she was doing during the day were only 10 minutes long.  I wrote that I wasn't impressed with the interview and believes that the programming element in my discussion was the job killer. However, it makes more sense to be honest. The manager said that this was a preliminary interview but I thought it was the end.

After the interview ended, I waited for the recruiter that had put me in touch with the manager to call me back. However, nothing happened so I started doing other things.  It was much later that I wrote I had a call with her but she had very Little to say.

This series of experiences are conversations that I have had with knowledgeable people about my career or job interests. This Interview Series is meant to describe the basic elements of an interview and how I have gone about participating in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment