Thursday, February 2, 2017

Collect My Thoughts

On 2 January I wrote that I walked down to the Van Ness bus and then went to Peet's around 815. I had coffee and then I walk to the state office building. There are the clerk took my name and called upstairs. I want to the cafeteria and I ended up interacting with a guy from the department. He said he worked with my interviewers.

The assistant that had emailed me about the job took me  upstairs a little bit later. First we sat in a room and then the principal came in. Her associate from an adjacent department came in a bit later. They gave me questions written on a piece of paper. They also gave me a paper to write notes on. Then I had a few minutes to collect my thoughts.

The first question was about gathering, analyzing and presenting my quantitative research. This is where I reviewed the process of data acquisition. I started with things like licensing and proceeded to things like loading data.

I discussed sampling and then described my normal presentation of tables and queries. However, I made it clear that I use graphics and also rode up opinions.

My assessment of this part is that I did a fair job describing my work. However, I did tell him that I was not in administrator. I have been under the impression that my lack of administrative background was a drawback.

The next question was about my attitude and behavior when talking on the phone.  Here I looked at three examples. One was about the triage that my hotel manager would go through. The next was how I dealt with a state agency when I worked at the tech company. Finally I noted that I am also interacted with co-workers at the utility. One thing I pointed out that project can be done in many different manners.

My initial assessment was that going through these examples was warranted.  However, afterwards I thought that showcasing Intergroup conflict presented the wrong take on my concept to stay interactions.  After both of my answers there were no follow up questions.

After everything was done I ask a general question about systems. The secondary principal said that there's a possibility of our putting license state at two spreadsheets. Their responses indicated that quite a bit of work was done using less sophisticated materials. I told them that the interface on a personal level is all that mattered.

Before I left I made it clear that I really wanted the job. I said similar things to the assistant on the way down to the lobby.
This series of experiences are conversations that I have had with knowledgeable people about my career or job interests. This Interview Series is meant to describe the basic elements of an interview and how I have gone about participating in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment